Friday, February 10, 2012

NEW! Have You Tried the Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter Yet?

By this time, I'm sure many of you would have heard of or seen the brand spankin' new Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter around town. I thought they would be arriving to our shores in March but it looks like the release date has been pushed forward and we lucky folks can now get our grubby little hands on these babies.


There are eight yummy shades brought in locally; 020 Brown Sugar, 025 Peach Parfait, 030 Fig Jam, 070 Cherry Tart, 075 Lollipop, 080 Strawberry Shortcake, 085 Sugar Plum and 096 Macaroon. I tested them all at Watsons and fell in love with four of them. The other four were nudey pinks and browns that I don't tend to wear well.



I picked up Cherry Tart, Lollipop, Macaroon and Sugar Plum.


Cherry Tart - Sheer jelly red with slight shimmers.
Lollipop - Bright raspberry pink with a hint of purple and slight shimmers.
Macaroon - A deeper red than Cherry Tart with coral undertones.
Sugar Plum - Sheer plummy-berry shade with no noticeable shimmers.


And here is a photo of the eight of them swatched rather hastily at Watsons (and taken with my phone).


They are each housed in a semi-translucent quilted plastic casing coloured to match the lipstick shade with the name clearly printed at the bottom. I do appreciate the packaging because it is a lot easier to identify the individual lipsticks.

* wearing my favourite from the lot... Lollipop *

The Lip Butter texture is balmy yet lightweight. It is quite pigmented despite its lipstick/lipbalm hybrid formula. I had expected all of them to be very sheer, leaning more towards a tinted lipbalm, but the opacity of these lipsticks is pretty impressive. I generally use two coats and the lipstick applies with a good amount of pigment. They are fairly long-lasting too and I could get at least 3 to 4 hours of wear time before the colour starts to fade.

You can find the Colorburst Lip Butter at Watsons and Guardian for RM25 each (I think Guardian sells them at RM24.90). These are probably one of the more affordable lipsticks available with a quality that rivals even some of the higher end brands.

So, have you picked one (or two) up for yourself yet? Do share which shades you got and what you like or dislike about them.