Monday, February 13, 2012

An Overview of Topshop Kohl Eyeliner Pencils

One of my favourite high-street guilty pleasures is Topshop Makeup. I first discovered them early last year and at that time, they only had the makeup line available at the KLCC Topshop store. They have recently expanded to carry their makeup range in more Topshop stores.


Some time mid of last year, I picked up four of the Topshop Kohl Eyeliners in the colours Bolt, Saddle, Juniper and Slate. They were having a promotion at that time, which was why I purchased four different shades at one go.


The Topshop Kohl Eyeliner has excellent application. The pencil glides on easily without tugging and the pigment applies very smoothly. I usually apply pencil eyeliners on my top lash line and create a little flick at the end. These pencils perform really well without issues.


The staying-power is also pretty good. It lasts a full working day on me with slight fading towards the end of the day. Just bear in mind that I normally have my makeup on for more than 12 hours and anything that stays is quite good in my books. It does smudge a little as my lids are oily but it definitely lasts longer when used with an eye primer.


Pros:
• Smooth application.
• Pigmented.
• Long lasting.
• Good variety of colour selections.
• Very affordable.

Cons:
• May not be available widely across Malaysia.


Topshop Kohl Eyeliners are sold at most Topshop stores in Klang Valley. Each pencil costs RM23. The makeup range is available at KLCC, Pavilion, One Utama and Sunway Pyramid stores. The sales assistant mentioned a few more outlets but I cannot recall them.

Have you tried any Topshop Makeup before and do you like them? Do share and let me know what else is worth checking out :-)