Saturday, September 17, 2011

Fave Five for August

It's time for another monthly favourite roundup. I initially planned this post at the beginning of the month but life (and work) got in the way :-) My skin went a little crazy due to stress, dehydration and using a number of wrong products, which caused really painful breakouts all the way down to my neck. Thankfully, it has gotten better because I've been on a semi anti-acne regime.

Anyway, here's a list of what's been working really well last month.


Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex
Many, many years ago, my mum gave me a travel-size bottle of this legendary serum but the consistency back then was much thicker and felt really uncomfortable and tacky. I believe the ANR has gone through several reformulations and the latest one is simply the best serum ever. It is hydrating but not overly so and does not feel heavy. My face feels so velvety and smooth after applying a few drops of this stuff. It has not caused any break outs, of which I'm really thankful for. I absolutely love it!

Ecotools Bamboo Bronzer Brush
I reviewed this brush last month (link) and it is now one of my favourite face brushes to date. I especially like using it with loose or pressed powders. The bristles are dense yet soft. I sometimes use mineral powders and certain brushes can feel a little scratchy but never with this fat and fabulous brush.

Skin79 Super+ Hot Pink Beblesh Balm
This was such a pleasant surprise and I did not expect to like it so much. It applies smoothly, does not make my face too oily, has relatively good coverage and provides some sun protection. I have been using this BB cream for most of August and even reviewed it before (link).

Clinique Moisture Surge Eye Gel
I cannot use eye skincare products that are too rich as it will cause milia so I need to be very careful when choosing the right eye cream. The Clinique eye gel came in a set that I got at duty free in one of my travels. It comes in a pink tube, which is hygienic and cute at the same time. The texture is quite light and is of course, in a gel form. It hydrates my undereye area well without feeling too heavy and has not caused any bumps (hurray!). This is a basic moisturising eye gel and I don't think it has any hefty anti-ageing properties.

Bloom Liquid Foundation Brush
I had given up hope on many paddle-shaped foundation brushes because the ones I had before created streaks across my face and no matter what I did, I could never get my foundations to blend or spread properly. The Bloom foundation brush however has restored my faith in the existence of good foundation brushes because this thing blends like a dream. The bristles are firm yet soft and pliable. I have tried it with different liquid foundations (except those with runnier and thinner consistency) and they all apply beautifully with this brush. No more streaky face!

-----------------------------------------

So, that's it for now. What's been your favourite?