Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm

In the past month, I have been asking for these Chubby Sticks at a Clinique counter and they were always out of stock. When the SA called me last Thursday to inform me that they finally have them available, I immediately booked two and picked them up after work on Friday evening.

The reason why I wanted one so badly was because I've been reading so many fantastic reviews online and the raves really had my interest piqued.


I must say most of the raves I've read are pretty spot-on. Not only are these sticks fat and quite cute looking, the formula is emollient and lightweight similar to a tinted lipbalm. They feel very comfortable on my lips. The colours go on rather sheer so if you're looking for something stronger, the Chubby Sticks are probably not your best choice.


Sadly, the Clinique counter I went to only brought in 4 shades. I'm not certain whether the other counters have more colours available. I came home with Whole Lotta Honey and Mega Melon. When swatched, they both look a little similar but that's because Chubby Sticks are not heavy on colour. They wear off quite quickly too but I don't mind it so much since reapplying them is a breeze.


Overall, I am quite happy with these and can see myself using them in place of my colourless lipbalms at work. The Chubby Stick does not require sharpening (although it looks like it) as it has a swivel mechanism at the bottom.

Clinique Chubby Sticks are available at most Clinique counters for RM50 each. I suppose this can be considered pricey since it is essentially just a lipbalm in cute packaging :-)