I remembered seeing Elizabeth Arden's version of mineral foundation some time ago and what caught my eye was the innovative packaging that included a grinder mechanism in the compact. I never got around to purchasing it because I was on a liquid foundation craze at that time.
I was browsing around the EA counter a few weeks ago and decided to test out the foundation. I felt it was a little warm on my skin tone, even the lightest shade (01) but it did give my face a "sunkissed" glow. It was a look I quite liked. I did not intend to get another foundation but I had several cash vouchers available and only had to pay half price :-)
The compact is actually a little bigger and heavier than the regular loose mineral foundations available. That's due to the grinder inside. But it is very sturdy and I like the fact that you can swirl your brush directly within the compact, which is less messy.
Mineral Makeup from Elizabeth Arden comes in a portable grinder compact. It releases a fresh layer of microlight makeup for each application, allowing you to achieve a look of pure perfection that's skin brightening, non-drying, and comfortable to wear every time. No waste. No mess. No kidding.
The grinder mechanism works by twisting the ring around the compact right and left. The powder is not as finely milled as some loose powders but it does apply very smoothly and has a slightly creamy texture. The coverage is quite sheer and I'm not sure how many layers you'd have to apply to achieve full coverage. I have been using this on top of my regular liquid foundations or BB creams to leave that slightly glowy look on my skin. Oil control is not that great in this warm and humid weather though. I have to blot after 4 hours of use. On it's own, it will not cover any spots or redness because the coverage is light.
Extra Blurb (from Elizabeth Arden):
- New fresh ground technology delivers a microlight powder, virtually weightless, that blends perfectly on the skin.
- Takes the mess out of loose powder mineral makeup to control just the amount you need. No more powder everywhere.
- Non-drying. It's skin brightening and comfortable to wear.
- Smooths imperfections. It doesn't cake or settle into fine lines.
- Infused with minerals rich with antioxidants, vitamins A, C and E and natural skin smoothers.
- Enriched with sea water complex which contains elements such as calcium and magnesium known to strengthen skin and support natural mineral equilibrium.
- Buildable formula, it's easy to create your own customized look from light to full coverage, without a made up look.
- Pure, luminous natural finish.
- SPF 20 sun protection. UVA and UVB protection.
- For all skin types. Sensitive skin tested.
- Clinically, dermatologist and allergy tested. Talc free. Fragrance free.
The Pure Finish Mineral Powder Foundation is available at all Elizabeth Arden counters for RM139. I think they sell the Face Powder Brush separately but I'm not certain how much it is.