Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Introductory Post | FOTD and Review: Revlon - Beyond Natural Liptint SPF 15

Why, hello! I'm a new blogger here on Beautycab. I'm a fellow beauty product/makeup junkie. It all started with a Maybelline Watershine Diamonds lipstick that my sister (the blogowner) purchased for me when i was 11. And it was from then on, i was hooked. :)

I've recently fallen for nude faces lately, and the following fotd was inspired by that look.


I applied Loreal's True Match foundation followed by Maybelline's Clear Smooth Minerals powder foundation to set it. Overall, it evened out my skin and covered any redness on it. On the cheeks, i applied a very light sweep of Mac's blusher in Pink Swoon to avoid looking too washed out. My current favourite product that i used above is Revlon's Beyond Natural Liptint (reviewed below).



The liptint comes in a metallic plastic packaging. Upon opening it, it has a distinct but light cherry smell, which i really like. The shade above is in rosy, which looks like a peach-hued red.




This liptint was really moisturising without being too oily, glossy or shiny. Two coats of this stuff and your lips will look (and smell) that much 'yummier'. It is not very long-lasting or pigmented, though, if that's what you're looking for. I had to reapply after dinner but i usually reapply lippy after dinner so it does not really matter anyway.

However, the liptint has been discontinued. The Beyond Natural line is still ongoing so i will definitely check that out. I highly recommend this product for anyone who adores tinted lip balms without it being too buttery.


Stay beautiful!

-Avvie.