Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Big, Lush and Green - Mask of Magnaminty

I have been rather scarce around here lately largely due to not having enough time. During the past few weekends, I was occupied with multiple family events and activities. I couldn't really squeeze in a post or two, let alone take pictures of me prancing around with my face full of slap.


When you intend to use something like LUSH Mask of Magnaminty, you need to be sure that there's no one beside you because that person could faint from shock for being unprepared.




BOO!



I have been using various Lush products for a while but never bought their most popular mask until recently.

What LUSH says :

Mask of Magnaminty was worked on for years before it was settled on. Our inventors have been almost obsessive in their quest to invent the ultimate face mask. The formulation had to be just right in MoM to ensure that it was intense, but not harsh.

China clay and bentonite gel will pull the dirt from your pores, ground aduki beans and evening primrose seeds exfoliate surface skin cells, and peppermint oil will make you feel so fresh and minty that you'll forget you were ever grubby.


Ground aduki beans remove dead skin cells when used on the skin as an exfoliating powder. They polish the skin, leaving it healthy and renewed.

Ingredient List :

Bentonite Gel, Kaolin, Honey, Talc, Ground Aduki Beans (Phaseolus angularis), Glycerine, Evening Primrose Seeds (Oenothera biennis), Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita), African Marigold Oil (Tagetes erecta), Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), *Limonene, Perfume, Chlorophyllin (CI 75810), Methylparaben

I absolutely adore this mask. It's big, bold, tingly and green! What's not to love? It has a fresh minty scent that's a little sweet. It dries rather quickly because I use a thin layer each time and I can immediately feel a tingly sensation upon applying. I would advise to spread a layer quickly and to do it over the sink because it may get messy. I leave it on for only 5 minutes and whilst rinsing off, I will gently rub the exfoliating, gritty bits in circular motions before washing the mask off completely. My skin feels soft and smooth after use but a little dry, so be sure to follow up with a good moisturiser. I will try following up with a moisture pack after using MoM the next time I mask. I think that would be a nice treat.

Pros :
  • Fun!
  • Skin feels clean and refreshed.
  • Minty and tingly.
  • Dries quickly, which means a shorter waiting period.
  • Works as an exfoliator.
  • Can be used as a body mask (especially good if your back is prone to break outs).
  • Perfect for Halloween, just slap some on and go out. You can scare and beautify at the same time.

Cons :
  • Can be drying.
  • Not available locally but you can order from Lush UK.
  • A wee bit messy.

note : I purchased the MoM when I visited Australia last month but they don't seem to have it on their online Lush site. Unfortunately, I cannot remember how much I paid for the 125g tub.