Saturday, January 23, 2010

review : my beauty diary - strawberry yogurt mask


We have finally entered the last day of the My Beauty Diary masking series. I spent seven days with seven different masks because I was curious to see if the One Week Package would actually make a difference and I think it has. My skin is feeling more hydrated recently and starting to look brighter. Quite a success although I probably will not embark on this one week series again, well not anytime soon that is. The last mask left in the box was the Strawberry Yogurt.

Purpose :
This mask is mainly to brighten, improve fine lines and control oil secretion. This is recommended for all skin types, especially combination skin.

Verdict :
I'm a sucker for cutesy packaging and this is the cutest of the lot :-) The mask smells like strawberry milkshake, not a scent I'm particularly fond of. It did not seem as "wet" as the other MBD masks and the essence absorbs pretty quickly, leaving my skin quite smooth. I did not leave the mask for longer than 20 minutes because I could not tolerate the smell. It was a bit too sickly sweet for me. The effects were all right, my skin did not appear brighter but it felt soft to touch. This was the most disappointing MBD mask I've tried but I've read several good reviews on it so it may work for others, just not on me.

Ingredient List :
Purified Water, Glycerine, Propylene Glycol, 1,3 Butylene Glycol, Triethanol amine, Tween 20, Yogurt, Hyaluronic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid, Algae, Malva sylvestris, Arctostaphylos uva ursi, Saccharum officinarum, Acer Saccharum, Citrus medica Limonum, Vaccinium myrtillus, Styrene/acrylates copolymer, Dimethylsilanol hyaluronate, Propyl Paraben, Methyl Paraben, Carbomer, Polyglutamic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance, Fragariavria vesca Fruit Extract, Citrus Anrantium Dulcis Fruit Extract

Availability :

The Strawberry Yogury mask came in a One Week Package box consisting of seven different "flavours", one mask for each day. It is sold at Guardian Pharmacy and I bought mine for RM34.88, so each mask works out to be approximately RM5.


Overall :

♥ ♥
... Nothing special, smells a little putrid after a while. Did leave my skin feeling smooth but most of these sheet masks do anyway.