Wednesday, January 20, 2010

review : my beauty diary - red wine mask


I cannot believe I am really doing a mask each day and am already at day four of the My Beauty Diary masking series. I am honestly surprised my skin has not turned purple by now :-) For a short moment, I couldn't decide which mask to use but I read that the Red Wine mask is supposed to be firming and thought it would be a nice change from the whitening masks I tested out the past two evenings.
Description (from Sasa) :
My Beauty Diary Red Vine Mask whitens, tightens skin and fights against oxidization. It is ideal for all skin types, especially loose and dull skin.

Antioxidant: contains polyphenols in Flavonoid serves as an effective antioxidant to fight against free radicals and suppress the formation of collagen dissolvent, keeping skin elastic.

Convergent skin and boost circulation: Anthocyans and tannins boost circulation and convergent skin, leaving skin white and tight with natural blush.

Amazing Nanospheres Technology: Structured with plenty of tiny holes, it enhances absorption of nourishment, leaving skin moisturized.

Verdict :
I didn't expect much from this mask as I thought both the Pearl ones were just okay. Upon opening the sachet, I was greeted by a sparkly, grape-like scent that smelled a little alcoholic too. But I was pretty sure the MBD masks do not contain alcohol. The scent faded after a while so it didn't bother me much. The essence was not as sticky as the previous masks and absorbed fairly quickly, leaving my skin feeling quite smooth. I usually massage any excess on my neck and upper chest area. I left it on for 45 minutes while I puttered around for a bit. The results were excellent, my face actually felt a little firmer and my skin looked brighter. I have a rather round face and am always worried my chipmunk cheeks will one day sag down to my knees. I don't envisage any miracles and highly doubt the effects will last for long. However, I liked how my face felt and will most likely repurchase this mask.

Availability :
The Red Wine mask came in a One Week Package box consisting of seven different "flavours", one mask for each day. It is sold at Guardian Pharmacy and I bought mine for RM34.88, so each mask works out to be approximately RM5.

Ingredient List :
Purified water, Propylene Glycol, 1,3-Butylene Glycol, Glycerine, Aloe , Arnica, Vitis Vinifera, Green Tea, Grapefruit, Hyaluronic Acid, Mucopolysaccharides, Yeast Complex, Albumin, Chamomile, Licorice, Nanospheres, Squalane, Watercress, Vitamin E Acetate, Bio-Active Silicones, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Sodium Hydroxide, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid , Butyl Paraben, Ethyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Methyl Paraben, Dimethicone, Tween 20, Lactamide, Fragrance

Overall :
♥ ♥ ... Full hearts and is my favourite MBD mask so far! Undecided about the scent though.