Tuesday, January 19, 2010

review : my beauty diary - pearl powder mask

It is now day three of the My Beauty Diary masking series. Since I used the Black Pearl mask yesterday evening and did not really witness any visible whitening results, I decided to try the Pearl Powder mask today to see if it works better. I absolutely love that MBD came out with a variety box set as I get to try a different mask each day. After a stressful day at work, it is especially nice to have something relaxing to look forward to and I do find these masks quite enjoyable.


Description (from Sasa) :
My Beauty Diary Pearl Powder Mask whitens nourishes and revitalizes skin. It is ideal for all skin types, especially dull and damaged skin.

Creates translucent and whitened skin: Super fine pearl powder contains various amino acid and microelements which permeate into skin, performing watery and white skin. Mulberry peel essence hydrates skin.


Revitalizes and nourishes skin: Vitamin B and seaweed complex revitalize and nourish skin while licorice and citrus ingredients condition and nourish skin.


Amazing Nanospheres Technology: Structured with plenty of tiny holes, it enhances absorption of nourishment, leaving skin moisturized.

Verdict :
Just like the Black Pearl mask, this contains several irritants which may be a problem to some people. However, I have not experienced any negative effects with any of the MBD masks so far and my skin is usually quite sensitive. The essence seemed stickier than the other two I have tried but once absorbed, the tacky feeling went away. There was a slight floral scent but it did not bother me at all. Did the mask work as it was meant to? Well, I would say it brightened my skin a little more than the Black Pearl but the effect was temporary. All in all, it was a nice mask although I am not sure I would repurchase the Pearl Powder on its own because there are better ones out there.


Availability :
The Pearl Powder mask came in a One Week Package box consisting of seven different "flavours", one mask for each day. It is sold at Guardian Pharmacy and I bought mine for RM34.88, so each mask works out to be approximately RM5.

Ingredient List :

Purified water, Collagen, Glycerine, Glycine, Propylene Glycol, 13-Butylene Glycol, Extra fine pearl powder, Aloe, Licorice, Ginkgo Biloba, Lemon, L-Ascorbic acid , Azelaic acid, Green tea, Algae-Yeast complex, Mulberry, Hyaluronic acid, Nanospheres, Bio-active Silanols, Carbomer, Sodium hydroxide, Potassium hydroxide, Xanthan gum, Citric acid, Triethanolamine, Tween 20, Methyl paraben, Butyl paraben, Ethyl paraben, Propyl paraben, Perfume

Overall :
♥ ♥ ... Skin looked brighter but that did not last long.