Thursday, January 21, 2010

review : my beauty diary - japanese cherry blossom mask

My husband probably thinks I'm insane by now. He sees me every night with a white sheet slapped on my face. I won't be surprised if he starts having nightmares about me appearing like a ghost. I am now well into day five of My Beauty Diary masking series. Just two more days to go and I will complete the One Week Package. The great thing about having a box full of variety is that I get to try different masks to gauge what's working and what's completely useless. This evening I used the Japanese Cherry Blossom mask.


Description (from Sasa) :
Whitening and refreshing
Japanese Somei-Yoshino Cherry Extract perform triple functions including whitening, soothing and firming. Blended with Extracts of Lemon and Kiwi, it refreshes and softens skin. Soaked in thread of Sakura aroma, skin appears pinky white.

Brightening and soothing

Extracts of Arnica and Aloe soothe, repair and nourish skin. After use, skin glows with freshness.

Verdict :

This mask has a soft floral scent that's slightly powdery. Quite a number of Japanese sakura fragranced products seem to have the same type of smell though. The scent wasn't overwhelming and I was grateful for that although it did linger for a bit. The essence was the stickiest so far and tackiness did not go away as quickly as the others. For a mask claiming to whiten and refresh, I think it did just that. This mask made my skin look brighter than the Pearl ones! I still think the Red Wine mask is a lot better, not only did it make my fat face appear more taut, it also worked to brighten my skin. I am not sure if I would get this again because I do not love that slightly clammy feeling it left behind.

Availability :
The
Japanese Cherry Blossom mask came in a One Week Package box consisting of seven different "flavours", one mask for each day. It is sold at Guardian Pharmacy and I bought mine for RM34.88, so each mask works out to be approximately RM5.

Ingredient List :
Purified Water, 1,3-Butylene Glycol, Glycerine,Propylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lecithin, Triethanolamine, Styrene Acrylates Copolymer, Dimenthylsilanol Hyaluronate, Methyl Paraben, Citirc Acid, Polysorbate 20, Prunus Yedoensis Flower Extract, Morus Nigra Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Amica Montaca Flower Extract, Kiwi(Actinidia Chinensis) Extract, Saccharum(Sugar Maple) Extract, Citrus Anrantium Dulcius(orange) Fruit Extract Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit Extract, Polyglutamic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Hydroxidem, Fragrance

Overall :
♥ ♥ ... Liked the brightening effect but not lovin' the stickiness.