Sunday, January 17, 2010

review : my beauty diary - aloe mask

I have been reading beauty blogs again and came across a number of them that mentioned My Beauty Diary masks from Taiwan. I became quite excited when I read somewhere that they are available in Malaysia.  I found them at Guardian Pharmacy and the set I bought was a One Week Package with seven different masks in a box. It costs RM34.88, which was a discounted price? I'm not really sure.

As I am writing this review, I have the aloe mask slapped on my face. Anyway, the One Week Package contains a pack each of Japanese Cherry Blossom, Strawberry Yogurt, Pearl Powder, Black Pearl, Red Wine, Bulgarian White Rose and Aloe.


Description (from Sasa) :

My Beauty Diary Aloe Mask provides hydration and nourishments for skin. It is ideal for all skin types, especially dry and damaged skin.

Hydrate and repair skin: Natural aloe extracts contain various vitamins which provide hydration and nourishment for skin. Rose essence is contained to repair dry and rough skin.

Revitalize and nourish skin: Seaweed-yeast complex contains rich amino acid and microelements to nourish skin. Hyaluronic acid extracted by biological technology is an efficient hydrating ingredient, allowing watery and smooth skin.

Amazing Nanospheres Technology: Structured with plenty of tiny holes, it enhances absorption of nourishment, leaving skin moisturized.

Verdict :

I left the mask on for more than 30 minutes, until the sheet felt cool and dry. The mask did not leave any sticky residue and the serum was absorbed quite nicely. My skin felt moisturised and looked a little brighter but I do not know how long that will last. I did not detect any noticeable scent on the mask and did not experience any strange tingly or itchy sensations. All in all, I am pretty satisfied with it.

I don't know if I should try out a different mask tomorrow or if I should give it a day's rest in between? Is it ok to mask every night? I am pretty sure the "7 Day" pack is some kind of marketing gimmick to get people to use more masks. Perhaps it's time to research a bit more on whether there is such a thing as over-masking :-)