Friday, January 6, 2012

Smooth and Radiant Skin with Vaseline Total Moisture Cocoa Glow Body Lotion

One of the most pleasant and recent drugstore find before 2011 ended was Vaseline Total Moisture Cocoa Glow Nourishing Lotion. I picked up a bottle on a whim and honestly did not expect much. But am I glad to have discovered this little gem!


Vaseline Cocoa Glow comes in a rather unassuming brown bottle. It was sort of love at first sniff. You see, I absolutely adore sugary, gourmand scents especially those that don't get too sickly sweet. I have used Palmer's Cocoa Butter before and although it was a nice lotion and moisturised my skin well, the scent was just too overwhelming. The Vaseline Cocoa Glow has a nice blend of sweetness without going overboard. Besides cocoa, there is a tinge of hazelnut and vanilla, which makes this one of the yummiest smelling body lotions I own.


Vaseline's Total Moisture line of body lotions is formulated with Stratys-3 technology, which is meant to deliver moisture to the top, core and deep layers of skin. The Cocoa Glow lotion is infused with cocoa butter and Vitamin E to help moisturise and soften skin. It works quite well to keep my dry skin smooth and comfortable. I have two eczema patches on my legs and they have not suffered any adverse reaction to the lotion.


Cocoa Glow is an off-white coloured lotion with a lovely whipped-cream texture. It absorbs fairly quickly and does not leave a slick residue behind. It feels lightweight and is not greasy. It is not a heavy duty body moisturiser and if you live in very dry climates, this may not be enough although I have read that there is heavier butter version available in colder countries.


I tend to be quite lazy with body care and used to find applying body lotions to be a real chore. Since getting Cocoa Glow about three weeks ago and a couple of other moisturisers, I have been a bit more vigilant because I started seeing some results with daily use. My skin feels and looks healthier now. I still have several trouble spots on my legs and arms but they are definitely getting better.


Vaseline Total Moisture Cocoa Glow Body Lotion is available in most local pharmacies and comes in three sizes; 120ml for RM7.50, 250ml for RM14.50 and 400ml for RM19.50. It is a good and affordable option! If you are fan of cocoa butter scents, I'd recommend giving this body lotion a go.