Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF15 in Passion

I certainly hope y'all have had a good 2011 and are looking forward to a more fabulous year ahead :-)

I have been meaning to order these Sugar Lip Treatments for a number of years now but never really got around to it. However our local Sephora has brought Fresh in, I'm not sure when but it may have been around two months ago. This makes me so happy! I have used a number of the face products before but these Lip Treatments weren't available back then.


The Sugar Lip Treatment each comes in a cardboard box. There is a colourless version, which is their mainstay lipbalm and there are four tinted versions in Honey, Rose, Plum and Passion.



I decided to pick up Passion first (and have already returned to get the regular version and Honey too) because it was the most tinted amongst the lot and since my lips are quite pigmented to begin with, I wanted a lip tint that will show up.


The packaging feels very solid and comes in a twist-up metal tube. That way, you don't have to worry about the cap falling off.


Passion is a lovely berry-red that applies slightly sheer but still has enough opacity to provide a hint of colour on lips. It feels really, really good! I have insanely dry lips and it doesn't help that I get lazy at reapplying lipbalm throughout the day. But the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment feels emollient yet not greasy and it actually feels like it's moisturising my lips. It sinks in quite nicely and doesn't feel tacky or too oily.

* sorry for looking a little sickly, was just recovering from a cold *

I find Passion to be quite complimentary against my skin tone and I think it's one of those light reds that will suit most people. In fact, if you are afraid of a full-on red lipstick and have just started out experimenting with bolder colours, Passion will suit you fine. It's pigmented but sheer enough to not appear too strong.

It has a lemony-sugar scent that is really quite delish! However folks who are sensitive to scent may not like this product because the smell does linger for a bit. But I love it because it reminds me of a tartier version of a lemon meringue pie, which happens to be my favourite dessert. It tastes slightly sweet but mind you, I don't have a habit of licking my lips often so I'm not sure if it will send you lip-lickers into sugar high ;-)

I have been using this in place of my usual lipsticks lately because my lips have been very dry and the dryness was aggravated by a recent bout of fever and cold. I just have to make it a point to reapply my lipbalm and this Lip Treatment more frequently to help keep my lips soft and supple.

Overall, I am really happy with the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment and have even gone back to get a couple more. Yes, I love them that much! Each Sugar Lip Treatment retails for RM65 (including the regular version) and is sold at Sephora Starhill and KLCC. It is not exactly cheap for what is essentially a lipbalm / lip tint, but if you are looking for a little treat, the Sugar Lip Treatment is very nice indeed.


Ingredients:
Cera Alba (Beeswax), Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Decyl Esters, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Parfum (Fragrance), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Limnanthes Alba, (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Passiflora Incarnata Seed Oil, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Persea Gratissima, (Avocado) Oil , Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Vanillin, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Propyl Gallate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Ci 15850 (Red 7 Lake), Ci 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Ci 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Limonene, Citral, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, BHT.