Monday, December 5, 2011

theBalm Frat Boy Shadow / Blush


theBalm has gone and done it again and this time with the Frat Boy blush! I sincerely hope this is the last of the "Boy" series because the names are getting quite absurd. Frat Boy was only made available locally slightly more than a month ago and it completes the Boy blush line-up, for now at least.

Name aside, I still love that magnetic cardboard packaging with the cute retro print. The Frat Boy cover seems to evoke the spirit of fun and youth and um,... American football.



It is described as a peachy-apricot but I think it has more pink than apricot on skin. It is such a pretty shade! I actually received a few compliments the first time I wore the blush and even le hubby noticed, which is quite a big deal since he is not very observant about such matters.

* swatch *

Like all the other theBalm blushes, the consistency is really soft and buttery. It is very, very pigmented so I'd recommend using a light hand especially if you have fair skin. I just need to gently tap my brush in a couple of times and it picks up quite a bit of product. The blush applies smoothly and blends like a dream. Honestly, theBalm has really gotten their formulas right with all their powdered products.


The blush is quite matte and does not contain shimmer but it does have a slight satiny finish, which is great for those who don't like to have sparkly cheeks. I believe it will suit most skin tones well.

* upclose *

Frat Boy is a peachy-pink shade on me and I'd like to think that it gives me that peaches and cream complexion. I'm probably a little deluded though! As mentioned before, it is very pigmented and you only need a little at a time.


theBalm Frat Boy Shadow / Blush is yet another hit for me! The blush is well pigmented, silky and has all the qualities of a good blush that I can't really think of any cons except for the silly name. It retails at RM65 each but I got mine during a promotional period and paid RM50 for it.

Previously Reviewed: