Monday, December 12, 2011

Paul & Joe Moisturizing Foundation Primer N in 01 Dragee

Face primers are one of those things that are often overlooked by most (because they probably don't need it... lucky sods). As my skin is so fickle, with an oily t-zone and dry cheeks and a tendency to get flaky at certain bits, I need something that will help even out all these problems. You know, since I put in some effort every morning to make myself look decent, I'd might as well have my face full of slap last longer too.


I have heard many good things about the Paul & Joe Moisturizing Foundation Primer N but I didn't get it until recently because it used to be bottled without a pump. As they have revamped most of their foundation packaging since late 2010, I thought now is probably a good time to give this product a go.


A pump makes everything easier, yo! No mess and fuss about pouring out too little or too much. Not quite sure why it took Paul & Joe this long to figure it out. Anyway, the shade I picked up is in 01 Dragee (pronounced "dra-zhay") and it's a pale beige-pink tint with a light sheen (no shimmer).


When applied and blended in, the light tint almost completely disappears but it still offers some slight coverage to even out my skin tone and redness. It also creates a smooth canvas for foundation and powder.

The consistency is a little watery and light and feels oh-so-nice on skin. I like that it is slightly moisturising and yet does not feel tacky. Although it contains silicones, it does not have that typical slippery, silicone-y feel (if you know what I mean) unlike most other face primers. It has a semi-matte, satin finish.


I have used this primer with liquid, cream and powder foundations, and it most certainly helps extend the wear of foundations. It also does not make me feel like the usual oil-slick, which is a good thing as I was initially a little wary that moisturising primers would be too heavy on my skin.


Like most Paul & Joe Beaute products, this primer has a light orange blossom scent, which I really like. It's one of the reasons why I love their products so much! If you're sensitive to scents, you may not like the primer but the scent dissipates quite quickly and is not intrusive. The packaging is pretty, as usual. That embossed chrysanthemum blossom always puts a smile on my face :-)

Pros:
• Lightweight consistency.
• Smooth texture.
• Slightly moisturising.
• Not tacky.
• Shade matches my skin tone.
• Helps foundation and powders last longer.
• Does not make me oily.
• Pretty packaging with pump bottle.

Cons:
• Expensive.
• Shades are limited and more suited for fair to medium skin tones.
• Contains silicones, so not suitable for those who are sensitive.



Overall, this is another Paul & Joe hit for me and I would recommend asking for samples if you'd like to try it out. The Moisturizing Foundation Primer N comes in three colour selections from 01 (fair pink-beige), 02 (medium yellow-gold), and 03 (translucent). They have SPF15 sun protection except for 03, which does not contain SPF.

Paul & Joe Moisturizing Foundation Primer N is available at Paul & Joe counters and Sephora nationwide. It costs RM126 for each 30ml bottle.


Ingredient List:
(01, 02) Water, butylene glycol, glycerin, dipropylene glycol, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, triethylhexanoin, nylon-12, cyclomethicone, neopentyl glycol dicaprate, apricot kernel oil, orange flower water, tocopherol, sodium hyaluronate, jojoba seed oil, lilium candidum bulb extract, BHT, triethanolamine, acrylates copolymer, carbomer, xanthan gum, stearic acid, sorbitan sesquioleate, cetearyl alcohol, talc, triceteareth-4 phosphate, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, dipentaerythrityl hexahydroxystearate/hexastearate/hexarosinate, behenyl alcohol, sucrose polystearate, polysorbate 80, polysorbate 85, mineral oil, sodium lauryl sulfate, lecithin, hydrated silica, hydrogenated polyisobutene, hydrogenated lecithin, methylparaben, fragrance  (+/-) mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, aluminum hydroxide.