Friday, December 9, 2011

Chanel Foundation Brush #6

Chanel has recently revamped their makeup brush range and I was immediately drawn to the foundation brush and knew it had to come home with me. I got the Chanel brush two months' ago and have been using it regularly, rotating between my other favourite foundation brush from Bloom Cosmetics.


The Chanel Foundation Brush #6 is a paddle-shaped brush, with a solid black handle and I believe it consists of three toned fibers made of goat hair. It picks up liquid and cream foundations well but I do find that the brush absorbs a little more product than my Bloom brush probably due to its denser head. Application is smooth and comfortable although I do find the fibers to be a wee bit more rough than Bloom's.


Like most foundation brushes, it is best to use on well moisturised or prepped skin to avoid streaks or drag marks. When my skin used to be very dry and dehydrated, no brush would work and they all leave streaky lines or ugly patches especially on the flaky bits of skin. Thankfully, my skin has improved in the last few months and the streakiness is no longer an issue.


The BeautyCabby Tip "When using a paddle-head foundation brush, start with small, short strokes and then use patting motions to blend in the foundation better."
Overall, if you are in the market for a foundation brush, the Chanel #6 is a good option. It is available at most Chanel counters for RM126. This is not a bad price considering MAC brushes are often more expensive with lesser quality brushes.

I am so glad it's finally Friday! Are you up to anything fun this weekend? I'll be at home mostly because I'm really quite boring and like to spend my weekends catching up on sleep :-)