Monday, December 19, 2011

Chanel Vitalumiere Hydra Moist Radiance Emulsion Compact SPF15


I love new foundation discoveries and am usually on a lookout for anything interesting. In my review on Chanel's Vitalumiere Satin Smoothing Foundation, I mentioned that I usually have trouble finding a good colour match at our local Chanel counters as the shades are rather limited compared to what's available overseas. So it was a pleasant surprise that I recently found yet another gem from Chanel's Vitalumiere range.


The Chanel Vitalumiere Hydra Compact is an Asia-specific release and launched some time in October 2011. I believe other parts of the world got their hands on the new Perfection Lumiere (I want this too!) but I don't think it will be available locally yet. Anyway, I am still really happy with the Vitalumiere Hydra Compact and let me tell you why.



Chanel's classic and luxurious packaging always appeals to me and I love how the compact fits so nicely in my palm. The compact is travel-friendly and probably is a good one to take along for touch-ups too.


It has a creamy consistency that is not too thick and quite easy to spread. I picked up the lightest shade available locally which is Beige (20) and it is a fairly close match to my skin tone. It looks a little yellow in the swatches above but that's only because my hands have a cooler undertone than my face.

* Chanel Vitalumiere Hydra in 20 Beige set with Chanel Universelle Poudre Libre in Clair *

The foundation dries down to a powder finish that feels very comfortable and non-drying. It has a fine and smooth texture and blends in very easily. It provides medium coverage but can be sheered out if you choose to. I have been using my fingers with a combination of patting and swiping motions and the warmth of my fingers helps the creamy formula blend better too.

It is also quite a long-lasting foundation and generally lasts through my work day. I don't need to blot my face as much because I think it helps control oil quite well. My t-zone gets rather oily but the rest of my face tends to be dehydrated so it can be difficult finding the right balance.

Overall, the Vitalumiere Hydra Compact is yet another Chanel cosmetic I am pretty happy with. It is quite an expensive purchase and costs RM198 per pop. Due to its price factor, this won't be something I'd highly recommend unless you really, really need a foundation and want a cream based type as well.