Friday, December 16, 2011

Biore UV AQUA Rich Watery Jelly SPF 30 PA+++

When the Biore UV AQUA Rich Watery Jelly was first released in Malaysia, I ran out to get myself a bottle. I've been reading a number of positive reviews and was rather curious to see how it would work. I used it on my neck and arms at that time, and liked how watery and cooling it felt. However, I started noticing some rashes appearing on my neck a few days later and initially thought it was caused by the sunscreen because many of my allergies are triggered by sun protection products.


It was only a bit later that I discovered the rashes were caused by a food allergy reaction but by that time, I had already given away the bottle and moved on to other sunscreens. Yes, I am that quick.


I was running out of my regular body sunblock and came across the Biore Watery Jelly at a local drugstore. I then thought of trying it out again because I did like the cooling sensation and lightweight texture.


The Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Jelly is a gel-emulsion type of sunscreen that is meant for the face and body. It contains a blend of hyaluronic acid and Mix Citrus Essence to help skin retain moisture and feel more hydrated. It also acts as a moisturiser, makeup primer and sunscreen in one. It has a mild citrus scent that fades away quickly.

It is very light and watery and I really enjoy applying this sunscreen on my arms and neck. It does not leave a white cast and is pretty much invisible once rubbed in. I think the protection offered is quite enough for office workers or students who don't spend long hours under the sun.  If you plan to participate in any outdoor activities, you'd best reapply the sunscreen to benefit from it's full protection. It also washes off easily with regular soaps or cleansers.

Overall, I am glad I revisited and repurchased this sunscreen. After having use it for a couple of months without any adverse reaction, I can safely say that it works for me and would recommend it to those who are not sensitive to the ingredients listed below. The Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Jelly SPF30 PA+++ retails at RM32 and is available in most drugstores nationwide.

Note:
I have only used this sunscreen on my body, neck and decolletage so I'm not sure what it is like on my face.


Ingredient List:
Water, alcohol, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, diethylamino hydroxybenzoyl hexyl benzoate, dimethicone, xylitol, acrylates/C10-30 acrylate crosspolymer, lauryl methacrylate/sodium methacrylate crosspolymer, cyclopentasiloxane, titanium dioxide, polyglyceryl-3 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, agar, behenyl alcohol, microcrystalline wax, polyvinyl alcohol, ceratonia siliqua gum, sodium stearoxy PG-hydroxyethylcellulose sulfonate, maltodextrin, sodium hyaluronate, grapefruit fruit extract, lemon extract, orange fruit extract, butylene glycol, propylene glycol, potassium hydroxide, phenoxyethanol, disodium EDTA, BHT, fragrance.