Wednesday, November 16, 2011

theBalm Down Boy Shadow / Blush


I think it's safe to say that I'm very fond of theBalm blushes. I previously reviewed Hot Mama and Cabana Boy, both of which I love dearly. The quality of their blushes is just lovely. They are silky, pigmented and long-lasting.


Down Boy is a cool-toned bubblegum pink with a very subtle light-reflecting glow. This is now my go-to blush for days when I'm in a rush (and this happens everyday) because it's so easy to wear and goes well with almost anything.



The blush is very pigmented so I'd recommend using a light hand and gradually building up colour, otherwise you may end up with clown cheeks. The texture is so buttery and silky but it's not so soft that it will crumble and get dusty when you swirl your brush around. Honestly, all blush should be made this way!


On me, the blush appears as a light pink tinge and is really quite flattering. I dare say it makes me look more upbeat and cheerful. I think Down Boy will suit fair to medium skin tones better as I'm not sure if it will show up well against deeper skin. This product is meant to be dual-purpose and can be used as an eyeshadow as well but I've not tried it on my eyelids yet.


The cardboard packaging includes a mirror within and is relatively sturdy. Although the vintage print may seem tacky to some, I actually find it charming but I don't fancy the silly name. It sounds like something you'd scold your over-exuberant dog (or man, in this case).

In summary, if you're interested in a sweet pink, girly-girl sort of blush, theBalm's Down Boy is highly recommended. It costs RM65 for 8.5g worth of product, which is good value for money considering the high quality. The blush can be purchased at Sasa stores locally.