Friday, November 18, 2011

OPI The Muppets Nail Lacquer in Designer de Better

The Muppet Show brings back many fond childhood memories so naturally, I am pretty excited about their upcoming movie and teaming up with O.P.I., just as I am getting into nail polish really is the icing on the cake :-)

[image source : O.P.I. ]

Out of the 12 limited edition colours available, I was most attracted to Designer... de Better! and Warm & Fozzie (to be reviewed separately). I'm starting to like these high-shimmer, metallic-finish nail polishes a lot!

* nail polish close-up *

Designer... de Better! is a metallic silver polish with pink and copper micro-glitter. It shines differently under different lighting and is an extremely fun shade to wear. Application is relatively easy and is opaque with just 2 coats (no top coat in photos). The dry down is smooth although it looks slightly gritty. I wore this on my nails for nearly a week before it started to show some minimal tip wear.

* under indirect sunlight - silver is dominant *

* with flash - copper and pink micro-glitter shows up better *

* under indoor natural daylight *

In a season where red and green are more common, O.P.I. has most certainly delivered a very different collection with The Muppets, comprising of so many fun and beautiful variety of colours. O.P.I. polishes are sold at a regular retail price of RM59 each, in most nail salons or Shins. You can get them at a better price (ranging between RM30 to RM33) from these e-tailers at Nail Fiesta and Slammin' Tips'n'Toes.