Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Clinique Lid Smoothie Antioxidant 8-Hour Eye Colour

I first heard about Clinique coming out with a new eye makeup product a few months ago and I was very excited because most of the reviews I have read were very promising and positive. The Clinique Lid Smoothie is relatively new and I believe was brought in locally late August.


The Lid Smoothie comes in a rather unassuming little tube. I like the fact that I can see the actual cream itself as it is easier to tell how much product is left.


Description:
Creamy, crease-resistant eye colour wears for 8 hours. Instantly cools thanks to a unique applicator. Nourishing ingredients coax fine lid lines into a blanket of smoothness. Antioxidants help protect eye-area skin.


I chose the shade Bit O'Honey because it is a neutral, shimmery beige that looked really pretty as a nude wash or base colour. It has a relatively smooth consistency and dries to a powder finish. The metal applicator tip feels cool on the eye but I don't find that it dispenses or applies well directly on the eyelid. I prefer to squeeze a small amount onto my fingers or brush.

However, the Lid Smoothie is not crease-resistant on me and I still find that it creases after 4 hours or so. This was a huge disappointment as I was hoping that it can hold up on its own without having to apply an eye primer below. If you don't have oily lids, you probably won't face similar problems. It would have been a perfect product otherwise and this is why I won't be getting the other colours.


Pros:
• Pretty array of colours.
• Can be used as an eyelid wash.
• Comes in a tube so it's hygienic.
• Interesting metal applicator.
• Smooth texture.

Cons:
• Metal applicator does not spread product well.
• Creases on my oily lids.
• Expensive.

It was rather anti-climatic after all the expectations I had built up and although I didn't regret getting a Lid Smoothie, it was a little disheartening that it didn't work out so well on me. The Clinique Lid Smoothie is sold at Clinique counters nationwide for RM84. Each tube contains 7g of product.