Sunday, September 25, 2011

TIGI Bed Head Superstar Volumizing Leave-In Conditioner

I don't know if I mentioned this before but I finally got a haircut about three weeks ago and have decided that I need to take better care of my hair. So, I have been looking for a relatively light hair treatment which delivers volume and this particular TIGI leave-in conditioner seems to fit the bill. The Superstar range is part of TIGI's Bed Head series and is targeted at folks who want volumized hair that is soft to touch.

I have oily roots and dry ends, so my hair can sometimes get quite flat and heavy. I tend to look for products that can add volume without weighing my medium length hair down. There aren't as many volumizing hair products available in our local market compared to Western countries. Maybe Asians generally prefer stick straight hair? I may be wrong about this but I do see a lot of rebonded long tresses out there.


Description:
• Conditions, detangles and adds volume.
• Protein complex repairs and adds moisture.
• Provides UV color protection.

Tag Line:
You must have a sense of humor to use our products™
Pump up your hair! Conditions, detangles, adds volume and gives light hold.

My Thoughts:
The TIGI leave-in conditioner comes in a sassy, bright pink spray bottle. The product has a tendency to come out in squirts rather than an even spray, so I would just apply three pumps onto my palms, rub them together and spread the product throughout the length of my hair, and then blow dry.

It makes my hair feel softer and better conditioned. It does not add much volume but it's good enough to not have my hair appear flat. It also doesn't seem to provide any hold at all, which is a little disappointing. As I can still feel the conditioning effects the next day even after a hair wash, I don't tend to use the product daily as I'm a bit wary that it may weigh my hair down and make it appear more greasy.

It has a strong, sugary sweet strawberry scent but it does fade once my hair is blown dry. I will not recommend most TIGI products if you're sensitive to smells because they can be very heavily fragranced. Other than that, the product does deliver on most counts and I am fairly satisfied with it.

Ingredients:
Aqua/Water/Eau (Water), Polyquaternium 11, Amodimethicone, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, PG Propylsilanetriol, Polyquaternium 32, Quaternium 91, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum) (Mineral Oil), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Methosulfate, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Silk, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Helianthus Annuus Seed Extract (Sunflower), Glycine, Alanine, PPG 20 Methyl Glucose Ether, Quaternium 26, Olealkonium Chloride, Parfum (Fragrance), Cetrimonium Chloride, Dimethiacone PEG 8 Meadowfoamate, Benzophenone 4, Polysorbate 20, Propylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, PPG 1 Trideceth 6, Trideceth 12, Phosphoric Acid, Methylisothiazolinone, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, D&C Red 33 (CI 17200) (Red 33), Ext D&C Violet 2 (CI 60730) (Violet 2)

Availability:
TIGI haircare products can be found at Sasa stores and selective hair salons. The Superstar Volumizing Leave-In Conditioner retails at RM85 for each 200ml bottle.