Monday, September 26, 2011

Melliesh Blush in Elegant Rose

That's right, people... I have gone a little blush crazy. I love blushes, I really do. But I could not use them regularly for the longest time because I used to suffer from redness and my complexion was rather splotchy. Using blush before just made me look extremely flushed and almost clownish. It wasn't a look I was particularly fond of. However, in recent months, the ruddiness of my face seemed to have reduced and I can happily wear blushes again.


I came across Melliesh when I went to Hong Kong in May. I have never heard of this Japanese brand before but I like the fact that it's a simple, no-frills sort of blush.



Elegant Rose is a pretty rose-pink with light golden shimmer. The shimmer is hardly detectable but it does provide a nice enough sheen. The texture is not very silky but it isn't too powdery either. I use a fluffy blush brush, swirl into the product and lightly blend across my cheeks. The colour goes on quite sheer and it's a good thing for me as I try not to be too heavy handed with blush.

* don't mind the crabby face ... this is what I look like most of the time *

Judging from the above photo, it does seem I can afford to apply a bit more blush but the colour tends to appear a little washed out because of the lighting. I really need to find the right spot to take photos in natural daylight. It is slightly more pigmented and pink in person.

I can't remember how much I paid for the blush but it wasn't expensive since it's a Japanese drugstore brand and was probably around RM25 or so. It's cute, cheap and pretty good quality, so there's hardly anything not to like about this blush. Melliesh blushes come in six different shades and I got mine at a Bonjour store in Hong Kong.