Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Fan and Flutter Your Lashes with KOJI Curving Eyelash Curler

The Koji Curving Eyelash Curler is relatively new in Malaysia because I've only started noticing this curler popping up in Sasa stores in recent months. The reason why I didn't get it before is because it retails at RM89.90, which is more expensive than either a Shu Uemura or Shiseido curler. However, I think Sasa is running a promotion on the Koji curler and at the time of writing, it costs RM59.90, which is a bit more reasonable.


This new packaging is an updated 2011 edition but I'm not sure if there are any differences in the actual product itself compared to its predecessor.


There is a brown casing included but I don't think I would have an actual need for it. It's a nice extra all the same. It also comes with two replacement pads and this is a huge plus point for me. I don't know if you have noticed but Shu Uemura curlers do not have replacement pads (they are not even sold separately) and once the rubbery surface starts wearing out, you'd have to bin the whole curler and get a new one.


At the moment, I am only using another curler regularly and that is the Shiseido one. Compared to the Shiseido curler, the carriage of the Koji curler is taller and slightly broader. The Shiseido has been my favourite for a long time but I now think the Koji curler may be taking over its place.

* Koji eyelash curler - front and back view *

The frame is slightly flatter and wider than most curlers, I find that the Koji curler rests against my eye quite comfortably. Thanks to it's 38mm width, it has the ability to grip all my lashes and can even reach the outermost corner, which is the part I have most trouble with. This is an area the Shiseido curler falls short on.

The method I use with the Koji curler is a fairly simple one. I just gently clamp on my lashes quite close to the roots, hold for a few seconds, and then repeat a couple more times throughout the length of my lashes. I get a more natural looking curl this way.


The illustration on the box shows that the curler has the ability to spread one's lashes in a curve similar to an opened Chinese paper fan. And yes, it really does spread out my lashes quite nicely. The rubber padding feels a little bouncier too but it's not as smooth as Shiseido's. I've read some people complaining that the Koji crimps their lashes but I have not personally experienced this.

The Koji eyelash curler has performed very well on me although it does take some getting used as the frame is quite different from other curlers I've tried. Overall, I am pretty satisfied with it and would recommend it to those who are looking for a flatter and wider frame. From what I've read, it is the no.1 bestselling eyelash curler in Japan so it may be worth while checking it out if you're in the market for a new curler.

Availability:
The Koji Curving Eyelash Curler is available in Sasa for RM89.90 (regular retail price). I got mine at a promotional price for RM59.90.