Friday, September 30, 2011

Sweet Macaron Delights with Majolica Majorca Puff de Cheek

This post may seem a little late since the Majolica Majorca Puff de Cheek blushes were released in Spring 2011 as part of their Sugary Trap collection. However, I have seen these products available at a few Watsons and Sasa stores, so you can still obtain them locally.

My face used to be quite ruddy and it has only improved in recent months. Although I couldn't really wear blush before, I kept buying them because I cannot resist their prettiness. And the Puff de Cheek blushes were so cute that they all had to come home with me.


The tin casing is modelled after a French macaron and it is really adorable. The Puff de Cheek is available in four colours but I have only seen three of them so far. The one that's missing is the pale highlighter shade (Vanilla Macaron #82).


Peach Macaron (PK301)

Apricot Macaron (OR302)

Strawberry Macaron (PK303)

They each come with their own poofy cotton puff with a coordinate coloured bow on top. Everything about the Puff de Cheek just screams girly cuteness! I don't use the puffs and prefer to use my blush brush as I can exert more control.


The texture is a little chalky but not powdery and they don't leave that blush dust when you swirl or tap your brush in. I have read that the chalkiness was intentional as these blushes were meant for Asian skin, which in many cases can be oily so they are formulated to adhere better. Despite the slightly chalky texture, the blush applies very smoothly and blends easily.

The three colours have matte finishes and the Vanilla Macaron (missing shade) is meant to highlight the blush if you choose to do so. They wear very well and have lasted throughout my work days without issues. These blushes are unscented and ought to suit sensitive skin types too. 

Face - Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation set with Paul & Joe Pressed Powder; Eyes - Smashbox In Bloom; Lips - Lanolips in Rhubarb; Cheeks - Majolica Majorca Puff de Cheek in PK303

The Beauty Cabinet Tip "Do ensure your face is set with powder before applying powdered blush. If the blush is applied directly on top of liquid foundation, it will be harder to blend out and may cake."

Pros:
• Wearable colours and should suit most skin tones.
• Cute casing.
• Fragrance-free.
• Smooth and matte finish.

Cons:
• May be hard to find.
• Some folks may prefer shimmer.
• Tin casing may dent if not careful.

Availability:
As the Majolica Majorca Puff de Cheek is limited edition, it can be difficult to come by. I would encourage you to try your local Watsons or Sasa because I have seen a few stores selling them. Each blush retails at RM44.90.