Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Sleek i-Divine Palettes with Oh So Special and Curacao

The first time I came across Sleek Makeup was on Lipglossiping's fabulous blog more than a year ago. It's no secret (I think) that I have a huge crush on eyeshadows and absolutely adore colours. I do tend to get neutrals and slightly conservative shades because of work as I do not want to be known as Clown Lady at the office.

Anyway, I've been hemming and hawing about getting Sleek eyeshadow palettes for a while now and when they released the Oh So Special palette, I finally caved in because it looked like the perfect neutral palette that I needed in my collection.


The Oh So Special palette houses twelve different combinations of matte and shimmers and the colours range from beiges to peaches, browns and greys. The shades are relatively neutral and should flatter most skin tones.


The palette is slim and lightweight, which makes the perfect travel companion as it does not require much space. Although the colours are fairly neutral, I still find it to be a versatile collection of colours as you can create a variety of looks ranging from natural to dramatic.


On the other end of the spectrum, Sleek seemed to have thrown all conventional colours out the window and in turn created a fun and extremely colourful palette with Curacao.


With shade names such as Green Iguana and Bloody Mary, you'd know that this is not a palette for those who stick to plain, simple eyeshadows. Again, this has a mix of mattes and shimmers and the colours generally provide good pay-off but I have read that most folks have problems with getting one or two shades to show up properly.


I have just received the palettes on Saturday and haven't had the chance to dip into them much. I have been using Oh So Special for work the past couple of days and am very pleased with it so far. I will start experimenting with more looks over the weekend when I get some time to play, especially with Curacao :-)

Sleek Makeup can be purchased from Superdrugs UK. For international folks, you can order from their website at http://www.sleekmakeup.com/ directly. Both Oh So Special and Curacao may be limited edition palettes so if you're interested, best to get hold of them soon.