Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Topshop Eyeshadow Mousse in Glint

I have been meaning to try out Topshop makeup as soon as I found out that they launched a cosmetics line. But I did not get the opportunity to pick up a few things until recently. One of the items I got was the Eyeshadow Mousse in Glint, which was released as part of their Sandstorm collection for Spring / Summer 2011.


The mousse is contained within a frosted glass jar with a screw on top. Glint is a really interesting colour and it is mostly brown with a tinge of purple and bronze. The shimmer is fairly subtle and it appears semi-metallic. The texture is quite lovely, it is creamy enough to spread or pat over your eyes but sets quickly so it doesn't remain moist for long.


I used it as a wash over my lids with a simple winged eyeliner. I may have been a little clumsy when applying today because it was my first try and probably had a bit too much product on my finger. It performs beautifully as a wash and actually lasted a whole day without a primer. Pretty amazing stuff! Now I wished I had gotten the other mousse in Tundra. As the product is really quite crease resistant, it can probably be used as a primer or base itself.

Availability:
Topshop Eyeshadow Mousse is sold at Topshop in KLCC and Mid-Valley for RM46. I am not certain how many shades are available at the moment but I don't recall seeing many.