Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Dolly Wink Eyeshadow in Sweet Dolly (Brown)



Dolly Wink by Koji is a Japanese makeup brand that is known for its eyeliners and fake lashes. The Dolly Wink lineup is fronted by Tsubasa Masuwaka, a Japanese model and J-Pop singer. Quite honestly, I never knew who she was until I started doing a little digging into the Dolly Wink collection. She is really cute though.


The eyeshadow palettes were released some time last year and I picked one up quite a while back. Out of the four palettes released, the Sweet Dolly (Brown) was my favourite because it seemed to have the best colour pay-off. The black plastic casing with the heart-shaped window is really adorable. Don't expect any solid weight as the palette is quite small and light.


Like most Japanese eyeshadows, the texture is smooth and a little soft. The colours do tend to be on the sheerer side but can be built if you need more pigment. Each of the shades in the Sweet Dolly palette has a bit of shimmer and they compliment each other well. I find the palette to be quite neutral and it should suit most skin tones.


Dolly Wink is available at Sasa locally and each palette costs RM78.90. It is not really the average drugstore price and I think they are cheaper in Sasa Hong Kong. It's still quite a cute and portable palette (being small), and if you're a fan of Japanese cosmetics, you'd probably like these.

edited to add:
I used the palette a couple of days ago and found the orange-bronze shade (3rd from left in photo) to be a little too warm on me. The rest of the shades were nice though, especially the brown. Initially, I thought the colours were fairly neutral but I now think they will suit warmer skin tones better.