Friday, June 10, 2011

My Current Favourite Eye Makeup Routine


To avoid a mad rush in the mornings, I have tried to pare down my makeup routine to the basics. I tend to spend the longest time on my eyes and needed a routine that was quick yet effective. I have been practicing with eyeliners and am quite chuffed that I am getting better.

Paul & Joe Eye Primer
• This is not the best primer as my lids will get oily and eyeshadows have a tendency to crease even with this primer on. It performs all right with a single wash of eyeshadow colour as the creasing is not as noticeable. I use the doe-foot applicator to apply the primer allover my lids and pat it in with my fingers. It dries down very quickly.

Paul & Joe Eyeshadow in 045
ยช This is a very sheer and light shade. It's a sparkly pale mint blue that looks very pretty as a wash of colour.

Maybelline Gel Liner in Brown
• This liner has a little bit of shimmer, especially when freshly applied. It's lovely for the day time.

Lancome Hypnose Mascara in Noir
• I don't generally like Lancome mascaras and Hypnose is probably the only one I can use. I bought a couple when they were having a promotion some time back. I just opened this tube not very long ago and am trying to use it up to avoid wastage.

Shiseido Eyelash Curler
• I have both versions. The one that is currently sold at Shiseido counters is the newer version and the metal is darker, almost black. I prefer the silver metal curler (shown in photo) because I find that it fits my eye better and grips more lashes.

Inglot Bent Eyeliner Brush
• I got this on my recent visit to the first Inglot store in Malaysia. It makes gel or liquid liner application easier than the regular straight brushes because you can see your eye better due to its bent edge.


All of this takes less than 5 minutes. I sometimes apply a brow pencil but I do forget to fill in my brows quite often. The liner stays on better with a primer below but it still fades over a long day, especially around the inner corner of my eye.

This is my current go-to look for the day and I am really liking it because it's quick and yet enhances my eyes without too much effort.

So, what is your favourite eye look these days?