Saturday, May 21, 2011

News Alert: theBalm Shady Lady Vol. 2 & 3

I popped by Subang Parade today as I had to grab some last minute things before my trip to Hong Kong tomorrow. I only intended to get a bag of Shiseido's facial cotton pads but saw that they had theBalm Shady Lady in Vol. 2 and Vol. 3 available at Sasa. I have hunted for Vol. 2 for a long time but they were usually out of stock. So imagine my delight when I spotted both today :-) What's more, Sasa is offering either palette for RM79 (usual retail RM120) with the purchase of any theBalm product.


Even at it's regular retail price, RM120 is not too expensive for nine beautiful eyeshadow shades in a palette. The size of each shadow is the same as MAC's, so considering how much MAC sells their eyeshadow singles, the palette is pretty good value for money.

The texture of these shadows are so buttery and soft. Pigmentation is fabulous and each shade has a varying degree of shimmer but the texture is never gritty. They apply very easily and seem to be quite long-lasting (based on many reviews). I have read they can be used either wet or dry, which is great because several of the shadow liner shades will look wonderful with wet application.

* Shady Lady Vol. 2 *

* Shady Lady Vol. 3 *

When I was at Sasa's, there were three or four of these palettes left. I forgot to ask when their promotion expires but it may be in two days' time. So if you're interested, hurry and go grab one!

note :
Temptalia posted about these palettes (with swatches and description) - Vol. 2 and Vol. 3