Last year when I tried out my first BB cream, I wasn't too impressed. But my skin was quite dehydrated at that time too and most BB creams I applied didn't apply very smoothly. My skin moisture levels have improved recently, mostly thanks to hyaluronic acid products (my new love) and when I use BB creams nowadays, they all go on a lot better. In the past three weeks, I have bought a number of BB creams. When I came across Vichy's version, I just had to have it as well.
What they say:
High purity mineral pigments associated with Vichy Thermal Spa Water:
1. Instant natural skin tone self-unification - Blemishes and wrinkles visibly fade out immediately. Complexion is naturally unified all day long.
2. Healthier looking skin - Thanks to powerful antioxidants and UV filters, skin is protected day after day. Its original pre radiance is like recovered.
3. Ultra-safe formula - Tested under dermalogical control. Hypoallergenic, non-pore cloggin, and free of fragrance and paraben. allos skin to breathe as if bare skin.
The texture of this BB cream is really smooth and lightweight. As with most BB creams, this only comes in one shade and it's a light beige. I think it suits those with cooler skin tones better as it has a slight pink tinge to it. On me, it blends quite seamlessly with my natural skin tone and covers some of the redness on my face pretty well. It has a subtle scent that doesn't bother me because it goes away very quickly.
In the photo below, I am wearing the Vichy BB cream with MAC's Skinfinish Natural Powder (in Light), which I applied with a wedged sponge. The finish is fairly matte and the coverage is not too heavy and looks pretty natural.
- Contains SPF20 but I'd still use my regular sunscreen if I plan to go outdoors for longer periods. For most days, I am indoors 90% of the time.
- Lightweight and comfortable texture.
- Long lasting. It does fade gradually throughout the day.
- Does not make my face turn too oily.
- One shade only.
- May not suit those with warm skin tones.
Aqua, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, glycerin, ethylhexl methoxycinnimate, HDI, hexyllactone, PEG-10 dimethicone, pentylene glycol, dimethicone, magnesium sulphate, propylene glycol, Bis-digyceryl polyacyladipate-2, sodium stearoyl glutamate, ascorbyl glucoside tocopheryl acetate, caprylyl gylcol, lactobacillus ferment, titanium dioxide, Iron oxides
You can purchase Vichy's Aera Mineral BB Cream at most Watson's and Guardian outlets. Each 40ml tube retails for RM99.