Thursday, March 24, 2011

Vichy Aera Mineral BB Cream

Last year when I tried out my first BB cream, I wasn't too impressed. But my skin was quite dehydrated at that time too and most BB creams I applied didn't apply very smoothly. My skin moisture levels have improved recently, mostly thanks to hyaluronic acid products (my new love) and when I use BB creams nowadays, they all go on a lot better. In the past three weeks, I have bought a number of BB creams. When I came across Vichy's version, I just had to have it as well.



What they say:
High purity mineral pigments associated with Vichy Thermal Spa Water:

1. Instant natural skin tone self-unification
 - Blemishes and wrinkles visibly fade out immediately. Complexion is naturally unified all day long.

2. Healthier looking skin
 - Thanks to powerful antioxidants and UV filters, skin is protected day after day. Its original pre radiance is like recovered.

3. Ultra-safe formula
 - Tested under dermalogical control. Hypoallergenic, non-pore cloggin, and free of fragrance and paraben. allos skin to breathe as if bare skin.

My thoughts:
The texture of this BB cream is really smooth and lightweight. As with most BB creams, this only comes in one shade and it's a light beige. I think it suits those with cooler skin tones better as it has a slight pink tinge to it. On me, it blends quite seamlessly with my natural skin tone and covers some of the redness on my face pretty well. It has a subtle scent that doesn't bother me because it goes away very quickly.

In the photo below, I am wearing the Vichy BB cream with MAC's Skinfinish Natural Powder (in Light), which I applied with a wedged sponge. The finish is fairly matte and the coverage is not too heavy and looks pretty natural.


Pros:
  • Contains SPF20 but I'd still use my regular sunscreen if I plan to go outdoors for longer periods. For most days, I am indoors 90% of the time.
  • Lightweight and comfortable texture.
  • Long lasting. It does fade gradually throughout the day.
  • Does not make my face turn too oily.
Cons:
  • One shade only.
  • May not suit those with warm skin tones.

Ingredient List:
Aqua, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, glycerin, ethylhexl methoxycinnimate, HDI, hexyllactone, PEG-10 dimethicone, pentylene glycol, dimethicone, magnesium sulphate, propylene glycol, Bis-digyceryl polyacyladipate-2, sodium stearoyl glutamate, ascorbyl glucoside tocopheryl acetate, caprylyl gylcol, lactobacillus ferment, titanium dioxide, Iron oxides

Availability:
You can purchase Vichy's Aera Mineral BB Cream at most Watson's and Guardian outlets. Each 40ml tube retails for RM99.