Monday, March 14, 2011

Kiss Me Heroine Make Essence in BB Cream

As I watch the news and tragedy unfolding in Japan, it saddens me deeply to think that the beautiful country and people are going through such devastation. My thoughts and prayers go out to those affected by this tragedy. Quite honestly, I was really hesitant about posting a product review and I had it planned for the weekend. I just hope it does not come across as insensitive or stupid.

There was a time in September last year when I switched my skincare to Clinique's Three Step System. You know, the one with cleanse, tone and moisturise using Clinique products to achieve that "perfect" skin. At that time, I was breaking out rather badly on my forehead and my youngest sis recommended I try their toner because it helped clear up her bad breakouts and she does have very nice skin today. So I bought the Three Step System and it helped for a while but it also dried my skin out because the toner had a rather high alcohol content.

Anyway, the past couple of weeks I have been using products to help get my skin moisture levels back up and it is starting to get much better. I also began using a few different BB creams again and this time, they mostly applied on my skin a lot smoother than before. BB creams used to enhance every flaky, dry bit on my face because they can't spread or absorb as easily on dehydrated skin.


I am a fan of Heroine Make mainly because of the packaging. They are so sweet and girlie that I can't help but fall for them based on looks alone. The good thing is, most of their products have worked out for me so far so I don't mind getting more.

Their BB cream is pretty good as well and I have read a few reviews on different blogs before purchasing one of my own.

What they say:
Kiss Me HEROINE MAKE Essence In BB Cream is a multi-functional base cream.
It provides 7 effects. It corrects erose pores, repairs, reduces dullness, acts as liquid foundation, protects against UV rays, relieves dry skin, and controls oil. It absorbs excess sebum and prevents make-up from coming off.
Containing super-hyaluronic acid and nano collagen, it allows you to retain skin’s moisture while applying make-up.
The SPF30 PA++ product protects against UV rays.
It does not contain perfumes or mineral oil. The natural skin colour is compatible with the skin of Japanese.

Okay, just bear in mind I took the description directly from Sasa, so don't mind the spelling and words too much. The last statement about the colour being compatible with "the skin of Japanese" basically means the BB cream comes in one shade only and is a light beige, which is probably suitable for those with NC 20 - 25 skintones.


My Thoughts:
The texture is quite creamy but it does feel lightweight. I would say the coverage is light to medium, depending on the amount used. It hides the redness on my forehead and cheeks quite well and most of my skin discolourations too. This BB cream provides me the best match to my skintone.


There are some unsightly bumps on my forehead. I've had to deal with these tiny pimples / rashes since a teen and it has been a looooong time. They don't seem to go away but they are slowly diminishing. In the above photo, I applied the BB cream and set it with the Heroine Make clear powder reviewed not too long ago. I look rather white mostly due to the flourescent lighting.


Pros:
  • Lightweight yet creamy texture.
  • Decent oil-control.
  • Cute and girlie packaging.
  • Travel friendly because the tube is quite small.
  • Good match to my skintone.
  • Has SPF30 PA++ sun protection, so you may not need a separate sunblock.
  • No white cast or ashy / grey tones that some BB creams may have.
Cons:
  • As with most BB creams, this comes in one shade only and is probably suitable for those with skintones NC25 or lighter.
  • Contains silicones, which some may be sensitive to.

Ingredients:
Water, Cyclomethicone, PG, Toriechiruhekisanoin, zinc oxide, PEG-9 Dimethicone, di-acid Rauroirugurutamin (Fitosuteriru / Okuchirudodeshiru), Fenirutorimechikon, cellulose, chamomilla recutita, Asechiruhiaruron acid Na, Kaninabara fruit extract, hydrolyzed collagen degradation, acid Torimechirushirokishikei, Jisutearujimoniumuhekutoraito, hydroxide Al, dimethicone, stearic acid, citric acid Na, methyl methacrylate, Mechikon, BG, talc, (dimethicone / (PEG-10/15 )) Crosspolymer, Methylparaben, (dimethicone / Binirujimechikon) Crosspolymer, titanium oxide, iron oxide, mica

Availability:
Heroine Make Essence in BB Cream is available at most Sasa outlets and select Watson's pharmacies. I believe it retails for RM49.90.