Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Review : Kiss Me Heroine Make Smooth Cover Powder

I have not been paying much attention to the beauty world until recently. Sure, I've bought skincare and the occasional limited edition eye palette but other than that, I have not been keeping up. Well, I popped by Watson's at The Pavilion a couple of weeks ago and was quite surprised that they now carry Kiss Me (Japan) products. And they have brought in more items too!

There's something about the Heroine Make range that I find quite attractive. Maybe it's the pretty, blonde manga model who appears on all their product packaging. She reminds me of the heroine from a lovely Japanese comic series called Candy, Candy.

Anyway, I came home with the Smooth Cover Powder Clear, amongst other things. I have been looking for a touch-up powder to carry in my purse and I believe this fits the bill quite well.




There is only one shade available and it is in a light beige with a slight pink tinge.


It comes with a very soft, poofy pink puff and according to Kiss Me, the creation of beautiful skin lies in their Silky Fit Puff. It is a nice puff, indeed.


What they say:
  • Covers pores and prevents makeup deterioration.
  • A smooth puff for an even finish.
  • Finishing and touching up your makeup.
  • UV protection effect SPF 20 PA++.
  • Delicate scent of roses.
  • Compact case with mirror.
More blurbage:
Isehan’s Kiss Me Heroine Make Smooth Cover Powder Clear is translucent pressed powder.
The light reflecting powder hides large pores and uneven skin texture giving the appearance of smooth skin. It contains oil-absorbing powder to absorb excess sebum so makeup lasts longer. The translucent colour makes this ideal to use after apply liquid foundation or BB cream for setting makeup and preventing unwanted shine. It contains skin-moisturizing ingredients to prevent skin from dryness.

    Today, I used it as a setting powder after applying Heroine Make BB Cream and I really quite like it. The powder adds a more polished finish to my regular foundation or base and has decent oil control. The puff is really soft and nice to use. I even like the faint rosy scent but it disappears within 10 seconds. It performs well as a touch up powder and is fairly long-lasting. The powder has a very fine texture and glides on easily. I have a large and shiny forehead that's rather prominent so I need products to help my skin look as smooth as possible. Or maybe I just need a fringe to cover some of that forehead up.


    My face only looks decent after freshly applied makeup and things will start going to pot in about five hours or so. Makeup will start shifting and oil patches will appear. Note to self... do a better job at blotting and touching up.

    Pros:
    • Good coverage.
    • Smooth and fine texture.
    • Decent oil control.
    • Poofy, pink puff.
    • Sweet and girly packaging.
    • Has some SPF protection.
    Cons:
    • Only one shade available, so it's probably not suitable for those with skintones darker than NC20.
    • Contains silicones, which don't bother me but some may be allergic.

    Availability:
    Kiss Me Heroine Make Smooth Cover Powder Clear is available at select Watson's and Sasa outlets. I got mine from Watson's at The Pavilion for RM53 (around that price range) and it is cheaper than Sasa.

    Ingredient list:
    Talc, mica, dihenyl methicone, silica, polymethyl methacrylate, calcium sulfate hydrate, zinc oxide, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, lauroyl lysine, silk powder, rose hip fruit oil, matricaria extract, chamomilla recutita extract, vinyl dimethicone/methicone silsesquioxane crosspolymer, acrylates crosspolymer, dimethicone, methicone, perfluorooctyl triethoxysilane, propylparaben, fragrance, caprylic/capric triglyceride, aluminum hydroxide, BHT, titanium dioxide, aluminum hydroxide, stearic acid, iron oxides