Sunday, February 27, 2011

Why... Hello, Again!

I know it's been a long while since I last wrote here... okay, it's been 189 days to be exact. The last time I blogged, I mentioned my skin was misbehaving and it's a good thing it has gotten a little better lately. I must admit I became lazy again... started to skip steps in my skincare, started to buy "easy" skincare, stopped grooming my eyebrows and hardly bothered with makeup (except when going out for functions, which were far and few in between). I tend to go through phases in a year and I notice that things will slide towards the year end.

Work has been all-consuming. I have not had a proper night's sleep since a couple of months ago and this is why I absolutely cherish the weekends because that's the only time I have to myself. But my weekends since December have been pretty filled with family commitments and it's only this month that I have some respite. Not that I don't love my family, seriously, I do but it gets really tiring for le hubby and I as we are introverts and being "social" sucks a lot of energy from us. I think this is another reason why work tends to be really tiring for me because I need to deal with people all day.

There were a number of unfortunate events since the later part of August last year, which made me lose interest in a lot of things for a while. My grandma passed away and we lost our lil' Susie (my pet dog). I still can't bring myself to talk too much about these deaths. Susie's passing was particularly painful as she had been with le hubby and I for seven years and I loved her as my own little "daughter". People have told me to get another dog but I haven't been able to. Well, we still have our pet bunny and for that, we are thankful.

I began to take an interest in my appearance again at the end of January. And yesterday, I finally got my eyebrows groomed at Shu Uemura. I am completely useless when it comes to doing my brows myself and need the experts to do something about them.

I have also been purchasing quite a number of beauty products and hope to start sharing the good and bad in this space. Someday, my dearies (or anyone who's still interested in reading this blog), I will post them someday.