Saturday, July 10, 2010

Why I'm Lovin' Bourjois Mineral Matte Mousse

One of the first shops I visited upon landing in Melbourne was a drugstore. It was not a big pharmacy like Priceline but they carried Bourjois and I immediately grabbed the Healthy Mix Foundation as I have read so many raves on several blogs. I did not look at their other products as I was in a rush and it wasn't until our final week there that I spotted the Mineral Matte Mousse Foundation.




What Bourjois says :
This light and soft mousse enriched with mineral powders instantly blends onto the skin for a perfectly even complexion and a powdery matte finish with a soft touch feel: NO MASK EFFECT GUARANTEED!

And it's good for your skin!
• Let's skin breathe
• Preserves essential moisture
• No added preservatives
• Dermatologically tested


The texture is absolutely lovely. It has a mousse consistency in the pot but once applied onto skin, it dries to a soft powdery finish that is semi-matte. It blends very easily and smoothly. I have been using the Etude House duo fiber brush to swirl and buff the foundation on my face and it works a charm.




I am quite lucky I can use one of the shades as they are very limited (only 4 so far) and the one I use is the lightest (I think) called Tendre Ivoire no. 81. It blends to my skin seamlessly and covers the redness on my face well. And yet it looks quite natural, as long as you don't use too much at a go. I have read a few bloggers using their fingers to apply and they were happy with the results too.


Pros :
  • Helps conceal redness yet allowing natural skin to show through.
  • Very nice semi-matte finish that doesn't appear flat and dull.
  • Good for oily skin folks as it helps control oil to some extent.
  • Easy to blend.
  • Skin feels soft to touch and not sticky.
  • Does not feel heavy.
Cons :
  • Very limited shades offered and does not cater to darker skin tones.
  • Light floral scent that some may not like. Personally, I am okay with it as it dissipates fairly quick.
  • Not a super long-lasting foundation and will start to fade after 5 or 6 hours.
  • Not available locally! Argh!!! The nearest destination to purchase Bourjois products is Singapore.
  • Quite expensive for a "drugstore quality" product, I paid AU$31 for a pot (almost RM93 at the time of purchase).

Before signing off, I'd like to leave a couple of mementos from my trip on The Great Ocean Road, which is my most favourite place in the world. I have traveled a lot and seen many sights but this place will always hold a special spot in my heart. It was one of the reasons why we came back to Melbourne again.



Cape Otway Lighthouse

Loch Ard Gorge

Anyway, I hope y'all are having a wonderful weekend! I have a bunch of housework and shopping (not for fun stuff) to do, so until the next time, take care and stay beautiful!