Sunday, June 27, 2010

Back Home

We have finally returned from our holiday in Melbourne and this was our second time visiting the wonderful city too. Our main reason for going is to spend a longer time on The Great Ocean Road and this is probably the last time we'll be visiting in a while. As we went in winter, the weather was rather chilly and ranged from 5'C at night to 15'C during the day. It was especially cold on The Great Ocean Road as the winds there were stronger and it rained quite a bit. We didn't mind it though.

My skin went bonkers and only started to acclimatise on our last week there. It's a good thing I brought a range of skincare from H2O+, something I started using before traveling. And I'm liking it because it can be used in our warm, tropical weather as well as in the cold. Pretty versatile stuff!

The drugstores in Australia are fantastic and have a good range of products but they are not cheap, especially with the exchange rate being nearly 3x more. For example, a Maybelline mascara costs around $18 to $20, which translates to RM54 to RM60 each. I hardly bought any departmental store or higher end beauty products because they were really expensive. A NARS blush was $62 (RM186) and the foundation I was interested in was $99 (RM297). Yikes!

Here's a quick run down of some things I really liked and was using throughout the trip :

Batiste Dry Shampoo in Blush, Tropical and Original
> many motor inns we stayed in did not have hair dryers and it was really too cold to leave my long hair wet for hours, so I used these dry shampoos in between washes.

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation
> bought this within a few hours of landing there as i read so many raves and couldn't wait.

Bourjois Mineral Matte Mousse Foundation
> love, love, love!!! although it has not been tested in this tropical weather yet.

> wonderful stuff... saved my lips from being a disgusting, cracked mess!




There's more to come as soon as I get around to unpacking and taking photos :-) Hope y'all are having a good weekend!