Sunday, January 31, 2010

shopping : paul & joe

Paul & Joe has been one of those brands that I passed by many times but hardly ever looked. It's not that I don't love the girly packaging, in fact I am a huge fan of shabby chic and Paul & Joe products always look so sweet and a little bit vintage. It was the sales assistant at a local mall that sort of repelled me. Actually, I was rather afraid of her.

On Friday, I decided to stop by the P&J counter to have a look-see because there were a number of customers hovering around and I thought I'd be safe from the SA since she was busy with others. She was demonstrating the wonders of a peel-off mask on a customer's hand and I was curious. She noticed me looking and quickly grabbed my hand and started applying the same mask on me whilst extolling the virtues of P&J skincare. I am such a sucker and so easily convinced that I returned home with this lot of goodies.



I cannot get over how pretty P&J packaging is. And I feel rather silly for staying away for more than two years just because I found the SA scary. They have several fabulous skincare too and I am definitely going back for more soon.

Here's what I came home with :
  • Light Cleansing Milk - a new favourite!
  • Refreshing Skin Toner
  • Body Protection Cream SPF30 PA++
  • Moisture Lip Treatment
  • Face Color Powder in 3 different shades - discounted because they were leftovers of a previous collection
  • Blotting Paper and Mirrored Case - along with 3 refills

Again, so pretty... happy sigh...


I am now head over heels in love with Paul & Joe. I am already planning to buy more skincare and some makeup too. I cannot wait for the Spring 2010 and Disney's Alice in Wonderland collections to arrive and I think the SA told me they will be available locally after Chinese New Year.

I know many of you beauty mavens have used P&J before, so what are your favourites?