Saturday, January 30, 2010

review : nivea star fruits strawberry lip care


Reading beauty blogs is a very dangerous hobby. I have been purchasing quite a lot since I started reading them again. Luckily, not all buys created a huge dent in my wallet. Take Nivea's many, many lip balms for instance. It's been a while since I last looked at Nivea's lip care range but I've been seeing a number of reviews popping up in beauty-blog land. Being the lemming I am, I had to go and get one for myself too.



Description (from Nivea) :
The new formula of NIVEA Lip Care Fruity Shine Strawberry makes your lips delicious, kissing them with a fruity-fresh strawberry taste. This lip balm covers your lips with glossy shine, over a subtle, red-toned glow. Rich almond oil, jojoba oil and shea butter keep your lips as soft and fresh as they can be!
  • Delights young delicate lips with fruity scent and smoothing, long lasting care
  • Naturally enhances your lips with shimmering pigments and a soft glossy colour
  • Contains SPF 10, protection against UVA and UVB rays

Verdict & Rating : ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
I am pretty much over the high-shine gloss stage. These days, I look for "soft" glosses or colours and the Nivea Strawberry lip balm seems to fit the bill. And what's great about it is that it offers a hint of colour with lip care and sun protection. It is also pretty affordable and available in most local drugstores. It goes on smooth and is not overly shiny but leaves my lips looking healthier. The scent is not too intrusive and smells of sweet (fake) strawberries. It looks bright red in the tube but goes on rather sheer on me (my lips are quite pigmented). I love that it does not contain glitter. Being a lip balm, it does not last for ages and I had to reapply throughout the day. It makes my lips feel quite soft too. I was so in love with this balm that I went out and bought the Rose and Cherry versions.

Availability :
Nivea's lip care range is available at most Watson's and Guardian drugstores. I purchased a tube for RM9.90 but they may be on discount quite often. I believe the packaging in Asia is different from US or UK but the formula should be the same worldwide.

Other related reviews :