Tuesday, January 26, 2010

review : deary - chamomile and arbutin mask

A day or two before I stumbled upon My Beauty Diary at the local Guardian Pharmacy, I had actually purchased a couple of sheet masks from Watson's. I came across a Taiwanese brand called Deary and the mask looked rather promising.




 

Purpose :
For whitening and minimizing pigmentation. Suitable for all skin types, especially for pigmentation, freckles and uneven skin tone.

Verdict :
My first impression was not a good one, I actually tore a chunk off when peeling it from the plastic paper backing. It was also the most ill fitting mask I have tried so far. After 5 minutes, it started slipping down my eyes, which was a huge annoyance. I also thought the scent was a bit jasmine-like but it was not intrusive and did not bother me much. The essence was quite wet and absorbed pretty quickly. I left the mask on for about 15 minutes and the sheet was still quite moist, so I massaged the remainder essence all over my arms. The effect on my face was quite satisfactory as it helped brighten my skin a little. I am unsure if I would purchase it again though because I did not like that the sheet tore so easily and was thinner than most.

My face with the mask on :

After the mask :

Sadly, the pigmentation spots on my cheeks remained and I think it will be a long while to be rid of them.

Availability :
Deary masks are sold at Watson's. At the time of purchase, there was a promotion and you get two masks for RM10, which works out to be RM5 each. I cannot recall the original retail price.

Overall :

♥ ♥
... Although it helped brighten my skin, this mask was irksome because it did not fit properly and was slipping down my face.