Monday, February 6, 2012

Dove Lathering Oil Makeup Remover



I came across a few new Dove products at a local drugstore recently and picked up the Lathering Oil Makeup Remover. I think this product has been released for a few months and is available in most drugstores (pharmacies) nationwide.


The Dove Lathering Oil Makeup Remover is not an oil cleanser in the traditional sense but dispenses as a fluffy foam instead. Dove recommends 3 pumps and the foam can be applied onto wet or dry skin. The foam feels soft, spreads easily and is not oily. The bright yellow bottle is quite a cheerful addition in my bathroom too.


I find that it takes off face makeup quite well but heavier or waterproof eye makeup may require a separate remover first. I have read this product can sting eyes but haven't experienced it because I try to keep my eyes tightly shut when cleaning my face. It doesn't leave my skin feeling stripped and uncomfortable. I still follow a double cleanse routine because I use the Dove cleanser more as a makeup remover and prefer my skin to be thoroughly cleaned before applying the rest of my skincare for the evening.


Overall, the Dove Lathering Oil Makeup Remover is a relatively good and affordable makeup remover. It is not particularly effective at removing eye makeup but if you generally wear light makeup and sunscreen, the Dove remover may be enough for you. This product can be found at most drugstores for RM32.90.


Ingredient List:
Water, PEG-8, Isopentyldiol, Glycerin, PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Pottasium Cocoyl Glycinate, Lauryl Hydroxysultaine, BG Laurate, Lauryl Glucoside, Isopropyl Myristate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Methylparaben, Perfume, Tetrasodium EDTA, Ethanol, BHT, Sodium Carbonate, Magnesium Nitrate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Tocopherol, Magnesium Chloride