Wednesday, December 28, 2011

theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer a.k.a. The Luminizer

Hello, all! How was your Christmas and can you believe we are almost into a New Year already? Time certainly flies! I am back from sunny ol' Penang and have had a really wonderful celebration with my family :-)

In recent months, I have started to incorporate highlighters into my routine. I don't use them every single day but during times when I want a little something to liven up my overall complexion and make me look less tired.


theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer is an all-over highlighter, which can double up as a shimmery eyeshadow. And can I say again how much I like theBalm's packaging and actually think they are quite adorable. Instead of the usual cardboard packaging, it comes in a solid metal compact with a mirror. Mary-Lou is part of the "Manizer" duo, with Betty-Lou being her bronzing counterpart. I don't know why theBalm likes to name their products after "Boys" and "Men" but it's sort of cheeky.


theBalm describes Mary-Lou as a honey-hued luminizer and to me, it's a soft, sparkling champagne with a hint of gold and pink tones. It is a really beautiful shade! Like most other theBalm products, this highlighter is very pigmented but it is not heavy or glittery. I really think this highlighter will be a nice touch for that New Year party and will help your complexion look a bit more special and glowy.

* swatch *

The texture is soft and buttery, which is typical of most of theBalm's powdered cosmetics. I only need to tap my brush in a couple of times and lightly dust the highlighter all over my face and maybe adding a touch more across my cheekbones. It really does work as an all-over eyeshadow wash too and is very pretty.


All in all, I would say kudos to theBalm for producing yet another fantastic product. I purchased Mary-Lou Manizer for RM72 at our local Sasa stores. Each compact weighs 8.5g and trust me, that is a lot of product so it is pretty value for money.


more of theBalm products previously reviewed:
Eye Combo from theBalm Shady Lady vol. 2
theBalm Hot Mama! Shadow / Blush
theBalm Cabana Boy Shadow / Blush
theBalm Down Boy Shadow / Blush
theBalm Frat Boy Shadow / Blush