Friday, December 30, 2011

A New Year's Eve Party Polish - Lunasol Nail Polish in Deep Black Red EX35

Lunasol is a brand I often overlook. I know they make good quality products and have many lovely things to offer but I have never really been attracted to their makeup line. I absolutely adore their eye and cheek brushes though and believe it or not, they are the only two Lunasol items I own. That is, until I checked out their nail polishes.


Deep Black Red #EX35 is a Fall release and may be a little outdated by the time you're reading this. The polish is a very dark purple-red that appears almost black. It has flecks of subtle red shimmer but they are hardly noticeable and can only be seen in certain types of lighting. The finish is little jelly-like and is quite glossy and smooth. I find the polish to be a little streaky and not as easy to apply but it could be my lack of skills. It did level out with the second coat and was almost completely opaque.


This is something I would wear on a night out paired with vampy lips. It is definitely a colour that is quite suitable for a New Year's Eve dinner party.


The Lunasol Deep Black Red #EX35 nail polish can be purchased at most Lunasol counters for RM56. If you like dark polishes, it is something to consider and since it's limited edition as well, you'd best check it out soon ;-)


Before heading off, I'd like to take this opportunity to wish y'all another fabulous and beauty-ful year ahead! I'll be seeing you in 2012! Happy New Year!!!