Sunday, November 27, 2011

Weekend Babbles : Nail Polish on the Brain

If anyone has been following my tweets, you would have noticed I have a disease called "Nail Polish Syndrome". You know, where all you can think about and talk about is nail polish, all day and all night. I have been stalking a number of gorgeous nail bloggers too. The last I counted, I have subscribed to 69 nail blogs on my feed reader!


The obsession first started when I decided to do something about my dingy nails. I'm not a nail biter but I have a tendency to scrape the tips off whenever I'm stressed out. One evening, I decided to pull out a couple of polishes from my stash and started painting my nails. The results were pretty nice although my nails and cuticles were in a rather sad state at that time.

* collage of photos taken with my phone *

There's something about nail polished nails that makes me feel happy. And no, I haven't been inhaling too much fumes. Nowadays, whenever I am stressed out (which is quite often at work), I would just take a glance at my nails and it instantly cheers me up! It's definitely better than scraping them off.

I also find painting my nails to be quite a therapeutic activity. I have the tv or some music going on in the background and normally do it in the evenings or weekends. It takes about 30 to 45 minutes from start to finish, including the drying time unless the nail polish is thicker and takes longer. That's equivalent to watching an episode of Dexter :-)

So, hands up if you have nail polish on the brain too!

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend and to those in Malaysia, enjoy your long weekend too!