Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Softly Does It with Lunasol Cheek Brush

Okay, people... please be prepared to see the word "soft" appearing multiple times in this post because that's the only way to describe this lovely Lunasol Cheek Brush. In recent times, I have started to wear blush again and decided that I really need to get a good blush brush as well.


The first time I stroked this brush, I fell in love with its softness. The brush bristles are made with uncut 100% blue squirrel hair and is shaped almost paddle-like. It is quite a fluffy brush and I love using this with highly pigmented blush if I want a more natural look. The hairs are unbelievably soft and so delicate on my skin. The dark brown handle feels very comfortable and lightweight too.


Lunasol brushes are manufactured by Chikuhodo in Japan and they are one of the best brush-makers in the world. Chikuhodo also produces brushes for RMK and Suqqu, which other than makeup, are both known for their luxurious brushes too.


The brush does not mess up my foundation or setting powder when applying blush because the hairs are so soft and smooth, it glides really effortlessly across my cheeks. It seems to pick up the right amount of product each time and since it distributes blush so beautifully, I find that I can apply a sheer layer first and gradually build up more colour. It has not shed since I got it a few weeks' ago and washes without issues.

Overall, I am really happy with this brush and it is definitely my most precious and favourite face brush at the moment. The Lunasol Cheek Brush costs RM150 at Lunasol counters but for such a high quality, soft and durable brush, I don't find it overly expensive.

previously reviewed: