Sunday, June 26, 2011

Recent Haul ~ Getting Naked and Much Eye Love

When domncroxd from Belle Demoiselle called to let me know that Urban Decay's Naked Palette was back in stock at Sephora KLCC last week, I immediately told her to snap one up for me (thanks, babe!). I have been waiting for what feels like forever to get my hands on this elusive, always-out-of-stock palette.


My preciousssssss... * strokes lovingly *


My preciousssssss... * softly caress its brown velvety casing and gaze fondly at the twelve gorgeous eyeshadow shades *

I won't be reviewing this today because I have not the heart to molest the palette yet. There are loads of reviews and tutorials in the beauty blogosphere, so I'd recommend you check them out if you intend to purchase this palette (if you can find it, that is).

I also got the Too Faced Eye Love or Eye Love Too Faced (depending on how you want to read it) palette, which is a collection of two shades from four of its popular "Eye" kits. I think this was offered as a 500-point gift redemption in Sephora US and I really hope our local Sephora will offer some sort loyalty card or membership as well.


Like the Naked palette, Too Faced included a mini version of their bestselling eye primer. This is a really nice palette to travel with, it has enough shades to create different looks and is relatively slim and light.


I think you can tell by now that I am a huge fan of eyeshadow palettes. They are so much more practical and versatile. Probably the only eyeshadow singles I'd purchase these days are from Inglot but that's only because I can pop them into a palette.

The eyeshadow ban has been a big, fat fail.

Availability:
The Naked palette retails for RM175 and Eye Love for RM125 at Sephora Starhill or KLCC. Naked is of course, hard to come by so if you do see it, grab it quick.