Saturday, May 14, 2011

I Can Finally Use Gel Liners!

I am so freakin' excited that I just had to take photos and blog about this. You see, I am absolutely useless at applying eye liners, even pencils which are supposed to be the easiest. I purchased Maybelline's gel liner last year after reading a number of good reviews because I've always loved the winged liner look but could never get it right. Never. It was bloody hopeless and I gave up after a few tries.

Anyway, I was rooting through my brush collection this evening and came across a MAC brush I never knew I had. I think it came with the Tartan limited edition brush set I purchased around Christmas time. I was in an experimentative mood and thought, oh, what the heck... I might as well give it a shot.

And am I glad I did.



The MAC 209 is a slightly stiff and fine-tipped brush that is meant for eye liners. After dipping the brush into the gel liner, I drew a line across my lid and it applied very, very smoothly. I could never get a proper line with the brush the gel liner came with because my eye lining skills are pretty bad. With the MAC 209, it was easy-peasy. So easy, I could not quite believe it.


I even created a little "flick" at the end. Amazing, right? Well, it is to me because I suck at eye lining but I don't have to suck anymore :-) I was so happy that I couldn't stop gushing to le hubby about it! He didn't really know what I was yapping about though. I am so convinced about this brush that I am now thinking about getting the full sized version.

Anyway, I know this is a rather silly post but I really need to share my excitement and newfound love. If you're stupid with gel, liquid or cream based liners, I'd highly recommend giving this brush a go.

Love, love, love!