Wednesday, May 12, 2010

review : shu uemura face architect smoothing fluid foundation

I recently visited the newly opened Empire Shopping Gallery in Subang and came across a Shu Uemura boutique. I didn't expect to come home with yet another foundation but I couldn't help myself as I am quite in love with the Face Architect Smoothing Fluid Foundation.


Description from Sephora :
A foundation that creates a perfect makeup canvas.

What it does :
Face Architect Smoothing Fluid Foundation lays the foundation for all of your beauty-full makeup creations. A high concentration of depsea water allows the formula to go on like silk, leaving skin hydrated and refreshed. The lightweight foundation is designed to smooth out imperfections, such as uneven skin tone and texture, for a naturally flawless finish.



My Thoughts:
I was matched to 774 and the online colour swatch appears a little darker than the actual foundation shade. I believe there are 19 shades available locally and they seem to cover quite a wide range of skin tones. The consistency is slightly creamy but it goes on very lightweight. In fact, it is the lightest liquid foundation I have. The texture is pretty smooth, possibly due to the "depsea water" (aka water from depths of the sea), which is a key ingredient in many Shu Uemura products.

The coverage is light to medium and I have been using a sponge to apply for a more sheer finish. It blends very well and doesn't stick as much to some flaky bits on my face. I was impressed it survived through most of my work day with minimal blotting. What I like most about this foundation is how comfortable it feels on my skin and how natural it looks. I can quite honestly say that this is my current favourite and even prefer it to Diorskin Nude. I just hope they don't discontinue this because I do plan on repurchasing once I run out.

After setting using MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light :
* click on image to enlarge *


Ingredient List :
sea water, cyclopentasiloxane, propylene glycol, talc, phenyl trimethicone, barium sulfate, peg-8, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, peg-10 dimethicone, peg-20, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, cetyl peg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, hexyl laurate, acetylated glycol stearate, dipropylene glycol, algae / algae extract, porphyridium/zinc ferment, sorbitol, magnesium sulfate, disodium stearoyl glutamate, lauroyl lysine, aluminum hydroxide, methylparaben, butylparaben, chlorphenesin, phenoxyethanol, limonene, butylphenyl methylpropional, linalool, parfum / fragrance
may contain : ci 77891 / titanium dioxide, ci 77499, ci 77492, ci 77491 / iron oxides

Availability :
Shu Uemura Face Architect Smoothing Fluid Foundation is available at all Shu Uemura boutiques and counters. Each costs RM130 for a 27ml bottle.