Saturday, March 27, 2010

how to protect your face from the sun

We all know of how damaging the sun can be to our skin. I was one of those who never really used proper sun care until recently and used to be extremely lazy about slapping on sun protection. As a result, the colour on my face, neck, collarbone, arms and body were all different. Very different.

Nowadays, I apply sun protection products religiously, especially on parts that are exposed. But it may not be enough. As I commute to work with le hubby five days a week, I noticed that I sit on the sunniest part of the car. Although the car windows and windshield are tinted, the sun is really intense and I still get a healthy blast of rays coming into the passenger side.

So, what do you do?



Le hubby was kind enough to say I don't look like a dork but a fifties screen starlet. Although I know he's lying through his teeth! Anyway, here's what you can do... use a wrap or pashmina and swaddle it around your head and neck. I usually pull the top part down to shade more of my face. I have a very high forehead, so more skin is exposed.

I personally think I look more like an ewok:

If you have some tips to share, please leave a comment :-)

Happy Saturday!