Friday, February 17, 2012

Nail Polish on the Brain ~ Butter London Victoriana

I have heard so many raves about Butter London Nail Lacquers that I just had to get a few to see what the fuss was all about. One of the colours I picked up was Victoriana.


Victoriana is a teal-blue with a good dose of dense silver shimmers throughout. It looks almost textured but it dries down without any gritty feeling. I don't own many blue polishes and to me, Victoriana is a pretty unique colour.

* crikey, sausage fingers! *

When I first got the nail polish and swatched (very quickly), I didn't think it was anything special and couldn't really see why everyone was raving about Butter London. But over the weekend, I decided to whip it out and gave myself a proper manicure, and boy, oh boy, did the formula impress me. It is very smooth and the polish just glides so easily over my nails. It really does apply like buttah (corny, I know)!


The rectangular outer cap can be removed to reveal a shorter, round inner cap with a printed little crowned birdie on it. Cute, yes? One thing that took a bit getting used to was the longer, thinner brush, which feels similar to Zoya's except that it is thinner and slightly floppier. However I can appreciate that it gets to the corners a bit better than wider brushes.


So yes, I think I'm a Butter London fan now! Victoriana has really good pigment and was completely opaque with just two coats. It has a nice, smooth consistency which I didn't find to be too thick unlike a number of polishes I have tried in the past. It started showing some minimal tip wear after 2 to 3 days but it is hardly noticeable.


Butter London can be purchased from zuneta.com (UK site) or kissandmakeupny.com (US site). It regularly retails at £12 each so depending on your currency exchange, it may be slightly cheaper to get the polishes from the US site for US$15 each.